Tuesday, September 23, 2008

USGP-Cyclocross - upcoming tests

It's almost here. The U.S. Grand Prix of Cyclocross.

Since I moved up a CAT this year, I am trying to get my brain wrapped around racing with 100 plus other cross racers is going to be interesting. Maybe I should get some advice from those that raced in the "B" field last year?
Two weeks prior will be a good test in Cincinnati with a double bill of UCI racing. I love those courses. I haven't raced at Harbin Park for a few years. Last year I was not able to race, since I had some serious calf/muscle issues that are not present this year, due to all my running early in the season.
This weekend is my second cross race of the season.
I will be stepping up the aggression a bit and throwing down with the new Ridley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just have fun. it's ridiculous how many racers there are. The start is absolutely insane. the fast guys are as fast as most A races so don't even think about it. Just smile, push yourself and be safe. No sense racing dumb and not finishing.