Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sunshine, Bike Cleaning and Carbon Wheels, Shopping, Pumpkins

One of the Cap City Cross races was today, I just didn't have it in me for another two days of weekend racing and just needed a break. I did miss out on some great Halloween Costume's I saw on Facebook tonight. Bummer. I also got a crunk call from Moro late afternoon, which was quite entertaining. Since I didn't go today, I thought I might spend some time with my two wheeled kids. My road bike and my cross bike. My road bike and its parts were very dirty and my cross bike had enough sand on it to build a sand box in my backyard, well not really, but it was dirty. Yes I still, need to cut the head off my carbon steerer, it's not in the way and I'll get to it, when I can.
After, I got a few really nice pics of them for history sake. The weather here today was amazing and about 70 and purrfect. A nice day to relax, detail the bikes, in shorts and a t-shirt. Jen worked on organizing in the house and wouldn't come out to hang.
I did get out on the road bike for about an hour to clear the lungs out a bit and feel the wind on my legs. I thought it might be good before I go race in Cincy tomorrow at the Gun Club.



Jen and I did get out on a date tonight - a bit of dinner, some pants shopping and some silly-fun in the toy section. I came around the corner and she had the Hulk Gloves on. Pretty funny. Then a isle later, we saw the scooter that looks almost like her big gas flavored one. It was a good laugh.

Our Pumpkins from Tuesday night with Layne, Kate, Sally and Andy. We all had a blast. Layne did the face low left, Jen did the OBAMA, Kate did the cool Obama logo and I did the Scarecrow McCain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'd rather the gun club over Uncle Steve's? And you call yourself a Columbus Cross racer!