Thursday, February 17, 2011

Catch up -Cross Season is Over, Now What?

Yeah yeah, I suck and haven't been posting much.
Let me see, Thanksgiving? what day was that? I was cross racing that weekend right?
Christmas? was I cross racing that day? no I think I was finished the weekend before right?
ahhh it's all a blur after Sept....my wife (BWE) said, she remembered August, then it was Thanksgiving - gotta love going to a race every weekend right?
I ended up doing more cross races than origionally planned last year. Early in September, the BWE and I starting looking at the schedule and it went something like this:
  • Me - Well, so that's what 7 OVCX races right? 
  • BWE - what about visiting with your cousin in Lexington? 
  • BWE - well, we should go there, you can race and we'll meet up with them.
  • Me - ok that is good, maybe they can come to the race with the kids.
8 races
  • Me - Bloomington? 
  • BWE - I've never been to Bloomington, maybe we can visit with April near Brown Co. and go eat out in downtown and check it out?
  • Me - sounds great, maybe John Mellencamp will show up.
 Ok, so that's 9
  • Me -I guess since you are going to NYC that weekend, I should just go to Indy and do the last two races, then. Ray is going and it's double series points.
  • BWE -Yes, that makes sense. Now you qualify for the big ovcx prizes and wheel giveaway. 
  • Me - yes I need some zipp 303's for sure.
  • BWE - no you don't unless they are free.
that's 11.

However, that 11 doesn't include my CapCity Cross races.
9/5 - The Frankenbike 50
Results online

Ridenet Results
- not so much of a cross race, but I did use my cross bike and it wasn't really a race.
---
10/ 3 -- Big Run Soap Box Hill
Results
Ridenet Reports

---
12/12 -- Lobdell Reserve (see also a frisbee park)(see also snowmageddon)
Results
Ridenet Reports

So that's 14 cross races from September to December for 2010.
In 2009, I was more of a machine and did close to 20.

onto 2011



No comments: