Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Goodbye Dear Sweet Cyclocross Friend


Goodbye my dearest Ridley Crosswind that hasith servithd me soith wellith.

I sent you with my friend Ray on his first Expert CAT 1/2/3 race in Louisville when you realized he had broken his hanger and you knew it was the right thing to do. You propelled me to a high finish last year at Frankenbike. You gave me about 10 top 10 finishes last year in the Ohio Valley Cyclocross Series. You held me upright, you let me get you dirty quite a bit over the years. You were nice to me and never broke down. You went slow, fast and half-assed as I drove you to the brink of your limits. You let me push, pull, throw, grab, shoulder you over and over and over. I rode you from Mid-August till late December without near a whimper. You let me ride you as a road bike, with different tires and didn't complain one bit, even at 35 mph or more.

You may be getting replaced by someone else, but please don't take it personally. I will miss you.







Thank you Ridley Crosswind. I will see you down the road.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments: