Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mohican 100 - Prep and Packing

God, I hate packing.
I hate packing for bike races, I hate packing for vacations. Once I get there I am ok, but it's all the stuff getting to the start line or the point of laying on the beach that just drives me nuts sometimes.
My nightmare is I will forget something. As I type, my bike clothing/food bag is packed, my shoes are clean, my bottles are in the dishwasher, what the heck am I forgetting.
Ahh...pre race nerves, no less, three days out.
The legs feel good, usually I can tell when I have good pre-race feelings. Today was about 60% there, so I would imagine the rest is on it's way thursday or Friday. I always feel like a wind up toy, ready to be let loose, is about the only way I know to describe the feeling.
It appears there are over 500 pre-registered for the 100 and 100k at this point. So, with some walk up's and free'bee entry's I am going to go with 600.
I have some things worked out nutrition wise, now, and how to get it into my system for the race worked out. I think it will be better than any of my other long endurance races.
Hope to get a relaxing afternoon ride in on Friday, get my drop bags in order and dropped off after we pick up our registration. Layne, Ray and I are rolling up. Tim and others will be coming up later in the day I imagine. Some of us in our usual group are staying at the Mohican Lodge, others in cabins.
Let's hope the rain stays away at least the hard, cold, long versions. I don't mind a little sprinkle to cool things off, but the trail needs to dry out and I have no interest in riding in any more mud - so so done with that shit.

No comments: