Wednesday, August 31, 2011

For the Record I am NOT...& Some Q & A

FYI,
This is for public record and for the 4 people that read my blog, And for the others who seem to think it's me. Even tonight at CX practice another person, commented directly to me, they thought all along it is me. Well, its NOT.

Lastly - I figured before the regional-tri state cyclocross season officially gets underway I thought i would clear the air -  For the official record,
I swear on a stack of pancakes, belgium waffles(and I love me some waffles), your life, your moms life, my life, I am NOT running a blog about sandbaggers in ohio. 


-----------------------------------------------
Maybe these questions will help you understand how my melon works.

  1. Am I an outspoken person? 
Yes.
  1. Do I always have an opinion? 
Most times. 
Like my friend Denny used to say, Everyone has opinions, just like everyone has an asshole."
  1. Do I have issues with sandbaggers in all non-pro cycling? 
Yes.
  1. Do I get cranky-moody in the middle of CX season? 
Yes. sometimes. Ohio weather can suck the life out of you.
  1. Have I verbally vented about CX, MTB and Road/Crit Sandbaggers in a past season to friends?
Yes. I see the same racers each summer in the top 5 of many of the same series races.
  1. Do I take myself seriously? 
Not so much as a person, I'd say I am right about age 15 most times. I think monkey's throwing poo is pretty funny, old Bugs Bunny, Dumb & Dumber and most recently cat farts. Oh and yesterday my neighbor picked up his pet bunnies and they shot out small rabbit pellets like a pez dispenser. The 'seriousness' comes and goes as a bike racer, about like a broken teeter-toter.
  1. Would I say I am a competitive person?
Yes, I have a fucking blog about bikes for goodness sake to talk about bikes and bike races and bike parts. Who comes up with these questions - sheesh.
  1. Do I think someone can earn podium time over the season? 
yes certainly so, everyone should have the opportunity to stand with their arms up at one point or another. It's a great feeling. We all train very hard for those little moments. But if you are up there every week, all season, or running away with races, you need to move up. Let someone else have their arms up and enjoy that same feeling you got to enjoy.
  1. Is sandbagging a common problem among the sport of cycling? 
Regionally, locally, and statewide sure, I believe so, I don't get out of state enough to comment about other states.
  1. Who’s responsibility is it to monitor the 'behavior'? 
Primarily, the individual = The cyclist - he/she needs to take personal responsibility - own up - grow up and CAT up. I believe USA cycling, State cycling officials and race promoters have a role. Most of us pay USA Cycling quite a bit of money each year, they should be reviewing results of all races regularly - State x State, regionally and locally.
  1. Do I review CrossResults.com
Good grief who's asking these lame questions? oh oh right me. Who doesn't, if you haven't get on board, it's the CX race-result mecca and pretty accurate.
  1. Is it the race promoters responsibility to force-upgrade riders spending too much time standing on a podium in one season? 
I think it is partially their responsibility, I know promoting and running races is hard enough, I hate to put all that burden on them, but they are keeping track of results right? I know two of the CX race series here, have addressed this in the past and created some new guidelines for the 2011 season, for which I support. 

Now - kwit your bellahakin and go riid your biik








No comments: