Monday, September 12, 2011

Cross Racing - 1st Race for 2011 - CX Races

Reader Peeps:
I finally got a schedule in place approved and signed off by the BWE for the 2011 cyclocross season schedule.


This weekend is race number 1 of many. I’ll try to post up my tentative plan for the season, so you can push me into the tape when you see me.


Heading to Cleveland for the first time to race the North East Ohio Cyclocross (NEOCX) series in Elyria, Ohio. Here is a link to their series.
CK It:                           Sept. 11                    Cascade Park CX, Elyria   
I thought I might go up to Cleveland and visit with my peeps up there, for once and support their scene. I found a few photos of the race from last year, it appears there is a sledding hill involved and some long sections of grass. Hopefully, there is more technical bits, twisty stuff and trees. I can’t stand grass cross crit courses - boring and lame.
Here’s a pic of me looking pro at the race, after not being pro and eating some of that mud. More on the race later.


I have already pre-registered for 3 cx races, because I am a dork. Two of the UCI3 races and CapCity’s John Bryan race. 


I am pretty sure I can race 95% of the CapCity Series this year and still manage to sneak in a few NEOCX and a few of the OVCX races. The plan is to try to stay in Ohio this year and not spend dough on hotel rooms. I am planning on a few of those double-race-weekends, but not all of them. 





No comments: